Mark your calendars with the ZILLIQA $ZIL Token Swap Deadline: 15 February 2020
As you might already know, token swap is a mechanism that will help you convert ERC20 interim ZILs from the Ethereum network to native ZILs on the Zilliqa network at the rate of 1:1.
We are pleased to share that the Zilliqa team has completed swapping their tokens, and the percentage of swapped tokens is currently at 94%.
The deadline for the Zilliqa token swap is 15 February 2020.
As you might already know, token swap is a mechanism that will help you convert ERC20 interim ZILs from the Ethereum network to native ZILs on the Zilliqa network at the rate of 1:1. This is crucial for all token holders as the trading of ERC20 interim ZILs will be frozen and become obsolete.
To use the various Dapps in the ZIL ecosystem, the native tokens are needed as gas fees similar to Ethereum’ ETH tokens. Following the 15 February deadline, you will not be able to swap your tokens, and they will be frozen forever.
Don’t let this happen! Here’s what you need to do right away:
How can you swap?
Users can swap via one of the supporting exchanges listed below, through which they must:
- Deposit their ERC20 interim ZILs on the exchange
- Get native ZILs in return when withdrawing from the exchange
Where can you store?
Web/Desktop Wallets: Moonlet, ZilPay, Zillet.io and Atomic wallet
Mobile Wallets: Trust wallet, Math wallet, Infinito wallet
Hardware Wallets: Ledger Nano S [Tutorial]
- Please precisely follow the procedure and instructions of the exchange you are using for the token swap. For instance:
- Make sure that you only send ERC-20 ZILs to an Ethereum address provided by the exchange for ERC20 interim ZIL deposit, and;
- Only withdraw native ZILs to a Zilliqa mainnet address. (e.g zil1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Your tokens may be lost if you send ERC20 ZILs to a Zilliqa mainnet address. Please consult the exchanges’ customer support if you have any questions.
2. Stay vigilant of scammers. Please use official sources to get your information and kindly verify with our Community Managers on our Telegram Channel if you have any doubts on.
Once again, we urge you to finish your swap as soon as possible! Thank you for your cooperation.