The Zilliqa team had a busy August, working behind-the-scenes to optimise its new operational and reporting structure, and pursuing promising commercial technology leads.
The biggest project on the technical side remains the seed node staking project or ‘ZIP-11’ proposal, which has been recently released to the community for feedback. In the meantime, the team has been making significant progress on the compiler / VM. This means that once in production, the Unstoppable Domains contracts will be able to execute 5x faster.
The Language team, on the other hand, is busy with a Scilla -TLA+ Verification Project. This feature will be able to verify temporal and safety properties of smart contracts written in Scilla. They are also working on a catalogue of typical properties to verify, which will benefit many many smart contract users out there! Developers can use this catalogue as a guide to create or recommend new properties for the platform
On the Ecosystem Front:
- Coinbase Wallet announced its support for $ZIL payments. Once downloaded, users can pay with .crypto & .zil domains
- Zilliqa announced its support for Switcheo TradeHub as a Validator. Users can stake their SWTH tokens with Zilliqa via the TradeHub staking interface
Shout-out to the Community!
- Since we announced our tie-up with Revain, an AI-powered blockchain review forum that incentivises feedback, we’ve seen some wonderful in-depth Zilliqa reviews with us. Thank you for participating!
- We’d also like to congratulate the winners of the NFT Trading Challenge launched during ZIL-3.
1st Prize: criptospn
2nd Prize: midas_ph
3rd Prize: mistal33
- The marketplace is thriving, thanks in no small part to all of you. So far, Mintable has seen:
★ 690 user sign-ups
★ 100 orders/NFTs purchased
★ 1010 NFTs listed for sale
★ 2500 transactions submitted
★ 969 NFTs created
Let’s keep the activity going. It’s so easy to list and sell your art. Try it here.
Developer Engagement: Zilliqa revealed its new-and-improved developer portal. This version features an enhanced UX to cater to the various users in our ecosystem — dapp developers, miners, exchanges, node operators, and contributors of the Zilliqa core protocol.
Arnav Vohra, the pilot episode featuredZach Burks from Mintable who talked about his experience building Mintable within the Zilliqa ecosystem. In the second episode, Arnav got a chance to catch up with Brad Kam from Unstoppable Domains.They chatted about his journey into the Zilliqa ecosystem,.zil domains, the recent Coinbase Wallet integration and lots more!
In the News
Our CCO Colin Miles spoke with EastWestPR about the incredible community engagement Zilliqa generated through SocialPay, and the possibilities for such a technology.
You should also check out Zach Burks speaking to Ashton Addison of the CryptoCoinShow on the new NFT marketplace!
Looking back: ZIL-3 in Numbers
For further information, please visit: